Saturday 27 December 1980

Day 1.

Today in the morning the group met, we were picked up by several vehicles, then heading towards the mountains. A short good-bye to the parents, then they remain back. And my adventure begins.

I am sitting in the bus just behind B and St. I am glad that A is not in the same vehicle.
We are joking a lot. Then the mountains appear. Some snow lies on the ground. I am so happy.

We arrive in the early afternoon, move into our rooms. I am with 7 others in the room upstairs, just under the roof.

Then walking outside, in the snow, with Stephen. The others arrive with other vehicles.

We are playing some dice games in the community room. It is dark outside. Then we decide to go cross country skiing.
This is my very first time on these cross country skis. They are much thinner than Alpine downhill skis, which I am used to.

We run across the plane. B and I were racing ahead, laughing at each other. I am so happy. We stop at an ice cream parlour, each gets an ice cream cone. Even though it is winter, dark, cold. But we feel warm.

I am so happy. This was a wonderful day. Things will be good, I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment