Monday 29 December 1980

Day 3.

The new day begins with new hope. I cannot be beaten, I will do my part to win this time.

But B is again away, skiing. I am slowly thinking that it was a mistake to only take cross-country skis. I am going again, this time with another group. It is fun, we go on some tracks in the valley, but then also up on that hill where the Alpine skiers are.

I am tired, my muscles ache, I am not used to so much activity. But I go again out in the afternoon for a walk. B is still skiing, I wish I could join her. And I decide that I will get Alpine skis. I will rent them in one of the sport stores.

But not today anymore. The others in the communal room are singing, playing guitar, playing games. I hate to join them, I feel like crying. But I still have one joker to play: I have promised to do tutoring of B and St in mathematics. That was the whole reason why they could join us in this winter holiday. I will eventually use this joker.

When B comes back from skiing, she is tired. No cross-country run this night.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, when I will get Alpine skis. Then I will be able to join B.

No comments:

Post a Comment